Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Not like the rest...


I just love this picture. For one, I want a pair of those stockings! They are the shit! And for another, it's so true.

It's been true, for most of my life. I didn't fit in with the uppity girls in grade school, or junior high, or highschool. By Highschool, I didn't give a shit, but couldn't figure out why. It wasn't till after school, that I found my place...in the witchy world.

Yes, of course, I am pagan. But that word has so many meanings to it anymore, and seems too generic. So I just use witch. That's the one that fits.

Then here we are out in the west, where all the cowboys and indians are running around, like it was the 1800's still. Yes, our first few years here, I thought we had jumped the time warp...and literally went back about a 150 years....because, not much has changed out here, in the last 150 years.

Of course, the fact we were living 100 miles from civilization at the time didn't help matters. Or the fact we were living in a log cabin, with limited electricity and/or indoor plumbing, that didn't help either. Ok, so I may be exaggerating a teeny tiny bit, but not by much.

The packs of coyotes that would come into our yard at night, trying to lure our dogs away one by one, that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand out straight. The black wolf we seen, while out wandering around our close countryside...and everyone telling us we were nuts, because there were no wolves .... { yeah, that's been a few years ago, but the wolf, WAS still there, eating away at a deer carcass.}

I seriously felt like I was living on the little house on the prarie, but where the hell was the prarie? I was surrounded by mountains and deserts. And the 1800s have never been a good time for me. { I seriously believe that I died somewhere on the Oregon trail, back in another life.} SO when hubs was WAY excited that the oregon trail, WAS IN OUR BACKYARD...I was NOT. 

When people think of things out here, they think. NO running water, NO electricity, they think of the life of Laura, on Little House on the Prarie, and I am happy to say, that life, really is NOT like that now.

But we are not cowboys, so we still don't fit in there. We are not Native American, so we don't fit in there...we still, don't fit in anywhere, out here in the west. We didn't fit in, anywhere back east....

So where in the hell....are we suppose to be? Where are we supppose to fit in at?

Honestly, I like, not fitting in. There is no stereotype for myself. I find, that I can rarely even fit into the pagan world. Which is why I have chosen this solitary path. I don't have to fit in. My family loves me, that's all that matters. My friends accept me, for the most part. I have never been one, who needs a LOT of friends, to say I have a lot of friends. The one or two, that I do have, are true, and love me regardless, of the stereotype.        

No comments:

Post a Comment