Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

~Ides of March - Nope, Just rambling really~

What a loonngg and Hell-ish week it's been! Was it just me, or did anyone else, have a longgg and hellish week?!! I am glad it is over! Yay Friday!
Ahhh - But ~Beware the Ides of March~!

This week I have SURVIVED: - The first week of Daylight savings ( if but barely), The last week of Mercury RX ( knock on wood, because today is just beginning, then there is tomorrow yet to come.) AND the New Moon in Aries, ( Did anyone else feel the switch when we changed over to the lighter tones of the taurus moon?) It's time for some serious Grounding now ya'all! 

OH! Speaking of grounding. I have been seeing around, where there is this *NEW* technique called Earthing. HAHAHA!!! Okay, so it is a way for the ones who do NOT want to say they would EVER do anything pagan-ish, to still ground ;-) But I kind of like the Earthing word. I am going to be *Earthing* today. DONT BOTHER ME!  

Also this week the new Pope was announced. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it Ironic that this happened, right before the Ides of March? eh'

I am still excited for St. Patrick's Day. I love St. Patrick's Day! I love my irish roots. And I like green, and leprachauns, and who doesn't love pots of gold? Or drinking green beer? Well, I can't drink beer very well. It bloats the hell out of me. I tried it last year, for about 6 months. Just couldn't do it. So, I will have to try some other green-ish alcoholic beverage drink this year to knock me on my ass. 

Even though St. Patricks day is not a pagan Holiday. It is one I have always enjoyed. Yes, it's the Day St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland. Well, I hate snakes anyway, so good riddance to them, I suppose. To me, ALL snakes might as well be 7 feet long rattle snakes. OH WAIT.....out here, they ARE ALL 6-7 foot rattle snakes, who am I kidding?! ( It's the baby ones you have to watch out for they tell me. They have the most venom :-s) ack!

But when I was younger, and after I had lost my mother. I hated ALL HOLIDAYS. They were depressing, and just a reminder of all that had been lost. The only Holiday I found solace in, was St. Patricks day. Because the ONLY requirement of me that day, was to get drunk and make an ass out of myself. THAT, I could do ;-) And do it well.

But back then I could drink all night and still make it to work in time the next day. NOW if I have one glass of wine, I have a splitting headache, heartburn, and feel like crap the next day. If I actually indulge and get drunk *gasp*...It's a 3 day, leave me the hell alone, OMG what have I done to myself, and WHY kind a thing ;-) 

But still a person has to let loose and cut up once in awhile. So, tomorrow, I plan to put this week behind me, indulge, a little, hope the spring like weather continues and have a frothy green drink or two.

Here are some recipe's I am getting ideas from:

http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2013/02/st-patricks-day-drinks.html 

It wasn't until I found my Path that I started enjoying the Holidays again. I enjoy them all now. I would much rather, celebrate, all year long, the passing of each season, sabat and esbat...than just dread the ones, everyone seems to dread these days.  

But who can dread St. Patrick's Day? Or Spring just 3 days later?!!!

Today I am going to take advantage of the last couple of days of the RX, and finish de-cluttering some of the clutter that has accumulated, and work on getting my Ostara Altar up and ready! Maybe open some windows and doors and let some of the fresh air and sunshine in, while it lasts.

)0(   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment