Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

~Spring Fever~


To say Spring Fever has hit my household this weekend, is putting it lightly. The husband went golfing yesterday {GOLFING! My husband, is NOT a golfer! hahaha!} But he just had to get out and about. And son, he too, was out and about all day.

During one of his *check-in's* my son and his friend came in, all excited, because they had seen a HUGE RABBIT...a HUGE RABBIT with black ears and a LONG tail...bigger than our dogs! { Which, okay doesn't take much, since we have a chiweiner, and a chihuhua} but still, it must've been a big one!

I said, well it was probably a Jack Rabbit. "NO," My son said, all serious..."it didn't have any horns.

If you are not familiar with the mythological Jack-a-lope, it is a much sought after rabbit with horns, out here. But apparently the one my son seen yesterday did not have horns. { tongue-in-cheek }

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope 

So, I said, well maybe it was the Easter Bunny? " Nope, it didn't have a basket either" .....Well I said, he could have just been hopping around, scoping the place out. You just never know ;-)  

It was, the highlight of the day.

Today is another beautiful day. The husband and son are out metal detecting today for *treasures*. I hope they don't scare off the Easter bunny or jack-a-lopes.

*I* on the other hand, am doing the mundane things that mother's do on sundays. Like getting the laundry finished, and making sure everyone has clothes to wear for Monday morning, all the while, dreaming of the next few weeks, when I can get outdoors and start digging in the dirt again.

   This is my Ostara altar from last year. 16 days till spring! I. Can. not. wait! What a long winter it has seemed to be, with January and February being the two longest months of it!

 I can't wait for the yarrow to start blooming!!

Or the wormwood! I made some spectacular smudge sticks out of my wormwood last year. I just love this stuff.

I plan to add many more herbs to my herb garden this year hopefully. These are just a couple of what are already there. Last year, I added three new ones, lambs ear, horehound, and comfrey. I hope they made it through the winter. Maybe I will do a blog post on just the herb garden alone, if I can find all my pictures.

Happy Spring....almost! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment