Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

~Moon Rambles





One of my favorite past times is capturing Moon pictures. These are some of my favorite shots, from 2012 last year.

 This one was during the Moon eclipse. Which was actually taken winter of 2011 before christmas.

Another of my all time fave's. I love it when she lets me capture her, big, round and orange! Sometimes she can be difficult, and a bit shy during a Full Moon time, to be able to capture the essence. 

These next few pic's were taken during the Super Full Moon of 2012. While not all the pictures, are top quality moon pictures, some are note worthy just for the special effects and orbs that came with them. The one above here, did not capture the MASSIVE FULLNESS of Luna as she was rising on the horizon, but I did try.

This is one that has the orbs, but the orb to notice is in the bottom left hand corner, as it streaks through...just awesome, IMO. I love getting orbs in my pictures!

Albeit a bit blurry, one of the better pictures of the Super Full Moon of 2012.

 
 
 While the moon in this picture, itself was nothing to brag about, it was the thing that showed up below that caught my interest. It looked to me, like some sort of ancient symbol. But who knows? I just liked it.

I like trying to capture her in all of her stages. A Silver Cresent is one of my favorite moons, but hard to capture on film for this amateur! 

 
 But I do like it when they look pretty cool, if I do say so myself!

When the full moon is out, during the same time of the Sun just setting is another favorite time for me. It reminds me of the movie Lady Hawk, which was a favorite movie of mine as a child.

 
 Full Moon in July 2012 during our annual family camping trip.





 This one is during the Blue Moon 2012. It was a hard one to get good pictures of as well. Not only had my camera batteries died, and I had to make a quick run to the rural gas station and pay an outrageous amount for crappy batteries, I also had to chase the moon around, and try to capture it while it was lookin' good. She did not want to be captured during the Blue Moon either.

 


 Then it got cloudy. But the clouds looked pretty cool.


While this is but a few of the pictures I took last year, and I have many many more, my internet is not wanting to play nice today. So I shall end this here, and maybe post a few more, later on. After all...tis' only March, and I have already started the capturing of the moon during 2013...yet to be seen ;-) Blessed Be. )0(

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment